System Of Worship
Friday services are formal in the sense that it allows the devotees to contribute and participate on a formal congregational and devotional level.
Guided by the Pundit, the devotee will perform elaborate Durga Puja with the accompaniment of bhajans and music by the congregation.
(Conducted by the temple Pundit)
- Swaagatam: Introduction and welcoming to the devotees, members, and guests.
- Purification Mantras & Swaasti Vachan: Invocation prayers to commence puja/satsang
- Sankalpa: Mantras of intent for pujas
- Dharti Maata Puja: Panch oopachar pujas to Mother Earth
- Invocation Mantras to Mahaganapati & Gowri Maata Shodash: oopachar puja offering 16 items
- Bhajans: Religious singing to supplement invocation mantras
- Kalash Sthaapan & Puja: Puja to Kalash Dev and Varun Dev
- Satsang: Congregational singing accompanied by music and chorus
- Durga Dhyaana Puja: Meditation on Durga Devi and Shodasha ooparchar puja to Durga Devi
- Shiv Linga Puja: Worship of the Shiva Lingam
- Chanting Shri Durga Chalisa: Forty verse prayer dedicated to Mother Durga
- Katha: Moral and philosophical lesson extracted from various scriptures like the Ramayan, Gita, and Vedas
- Final Havan Vidhi: Final offerings of ghee and samagree into the sacred fire-Agni Devta
- Pradakshina/Deepam/Final Aarti: Circumambulation and waving of the sacred light to conclude rituals-accompanied by the chanting of the Shri Durga Aarti
- Visarjan & Praarthanaa: bidding farewell to devtas and closing mantras
- Temple/Management Announcements
- Distribution of prasad, panchaamrit, aarti, and bhojan